Product Onboarding Process
1. [Optional, but Recommended] A new product idea’s high level specifications and reasoning is proposed and discussed with existing community members.
- Main discussions here should be oriented around market appeal and feasibility.
- Such discussions may happen in 1:1 interactions with community members, publicly on the forums and Discord, or any other venue of choice.
- While this step is optional, it may help the Methodologist save time and help in the construction of a successful application.
2. A Product Addition Application is completed and proposed to the Index Cooperative community in the Governance Forum.
- The IIP must be live for 7 days before voting can occur.
- The methodologist may modify the proposal during discussions.
- We will host a call for the Methodologist to answer any questions from the community.
3. Decision Gate 1: Snapshot signaling FOR or AGAINST moving forward with Product Vetting Step.
- Once proposal has been live for at least 7 days the Methodologist can request the start of snapshot voting. This will run for 3 days.
- Because this is a signaling step to gauge community sentiment, it will not be subject to quorum requirements.
4. Product Vetting Step: All products that pass DG1 are reviewed by Coop teams.
- Product Development and Business Analysis Work Teams review the proposal in detail with support from the methodologist and assess according to the prioritization rubric.
- Each team will report progress every week via the weekly governance call.
- Once each team has committed its review and agreed any modification with the methodologist.
- 1.A “Final proposal to launch” will be made by a Coop community member and the methodologist.
- 2.This will be a new forum post: “IIP-XX-Final”
- 3.This will be the definitive version of the proposal and specify the Snapshot vote dates and a proposed product launch date.
- If the review teams identify significant blockers that can not be avoided, then the Business and Product teams will recommend a “No” vote on Decision Gate 2.
5. Decision Gate 2: Vote on Product Addition
- This is the snapshot vote to approve or reject the final product proposal.
- Signals commitment by the Index Coop to launch the target product in a timely manner.
- Per IIP-26, passing thresholds are
- 10% or more of circulating tokens must participate
- 60% or more must vote FOR
6. Product launch
- Once DG2 has passed, the coop and methodologist will be expected to work together to launch the product in a timely manner.
Last modified 1yr ago